Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This is from July 1st. I don't know why I'm only now getting around to posting it...

Happy first of July!
 
I'm sad that I won't be around for Fourth of July fireworks. But not That Sad because Free Fireworks Every Night here in Amman. But on second thought, That Sad because July 4th might just be the best holiday in Amreeka.
 
So, today I ate an exquisite falafel sandwich for .25JD. Which is like…well, cheap. Yay! And it's right near campus so guess what I'll be having for lunch the next 5 weeks. Aw. Yeah.
 
In other news, I went downtown tonight and had Chinese food for dinner and ice cream for dessert. I love Chinese Food For Dinner And Ice Cream For Dessert. It's even better than Cheap And Delicious Falafel Sandwich For Lunch. Yes, that good. (Hey, I just discovered I have only 2 USB ports on my laptop. Suckfest!)  Then we went walking around downtown Amman, which is pretty happenin. Also, have you ever lived in a city where you can just wander around downtown and then suddenly be like, oh, what is this? Why, it looks like evidence of a former civilization! Ruins, folks. Right down town, and i don't mean The Ghetto. I mean like bona fide Roman ruins. Just fenced in next to the sidewalk, not unlike an unruly rotreiler. Hard to come by good pictures at night with no tripod, but maybe I'll post some anyway. I'm emailing these posts to my blog so I'm not exactly sure how the whole picture deal works, but I'm crossing my fingers that this will work because Dang these pictures turned out better than I thought. [EDIT: Didn't work. Boo.]
 

This weekend I'm going to Wadi Rum, which is some big desert place. I'm excited for several reasons:

1. I really do like the desert.
 
2. One and a half whole days without getting honked at by passing cars.
 
3. Beautiful Pictures :)
 
And because my dad insists that "several" means "exactly 4" then I guess I'll add this:
 
4. No class Sunday morning. Yesss. I still haven't written about this teacher. I probably won't until I'm out of the country, because publishing less-than-savoury posts about my teacher using computers provided by the institute at which he teaches—well, it's a bit like taking a handgun to my foot, I think.  I'll close with a confession: Right now, nothing sounds better than curling up with a nice paperback edition of Twilight.
 

Oh, how I long for you, Salt Lake City Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment