Wednesday, March 3, 2010

O Frabjous Day!

It is after midnight and I must get myself to bed. This morning I was supposed to be up at 6 to work out but didn't even gain consciousness till 10 to 8! Ups.

So, I will make this quick. Today was great. I feel great. Why?

Because it was raining when I woke up this morning.
I love rain.

Finally got stuff accomplished at work.
Productivity makes me :)

Lunched with Khabeans and got some great photos.
While taking pictures, the 5-yr old I used to babysit came out of a building with his mom. This kid has *lovely* curly blonde hair. His mom was wearing a bright red coat and carrying a bright yellow flower print umbrella on her shoulder. Her son took it and ran down the hallway yelling, I'm flying!!
When he came flew back our way, Khalisah says, I don't know which is yellower: that umbrella or your hair!
He immediately looks angry and with a FROWN goes, My hair is not yellow! It's golden!
Ah, I love a good laugh.

I left work early (only 20 minutes!) in hopes that I could go home and cozy up with a blanket and a book. I walked outside and was greeted by lovely golden sunshine and a bright blue, nearly cloudless sky. I was sad I couldn't take advantage of the rainstorm, but thrilled to walk home in the bright sunshine.
I love bright sunshine.

Dad made BLTs for dinner.
I love bacon.

I went to my Mexican neighbour's to study Arabic and watch The Closer. When I got there, she was sautéing pumpkin leaves fresh from her garden. We took a health break to run to the mini mart where we purchased chocolate--she, toffifee and I, Lindt Mint Intense Dark :D--and then ate it in the kitchen as she sautéed more pumpkin leaves.
I love good food.

On our way home, we caught a glimpse of a full, glowing moon peaking out from between a break in two clouds. We pulled to the side of the road and watched as it emerged completely and lit up the dark-blue clouds around it.
Spectacular.

Then we watched an episode of The Closer. I love this show. Afterwards, she French-braided my hair.
Beautifully.

Then, my gold shoes and I came home to 11 tagged photos on Faceboook--11 photos preserving memories of an extraordinary day.

I love an extraordinary day.

4 comments:

  1. and I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Degrassi: The Next Generation is a really good show. Ceators of Degrassi found the perfect people to play their characters. I like Mia, Alli, and Claire very much even they are new faces. Really all Degrassi Episodes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture me with (and I quote the fabulous Not That Kind of Girl) overblown cinematic cartoon-heart eyes.
    You're awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jeez! It's late! I should be asleep by now! O.o

    ReplyDelete