Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spreadin the Love

This morning I got up for my 6 AM work out.

Reluctantly.

And the whole drive there, and the whole drive back (3 minutes each way!) all I could think about was how to get out of work today.

Of course, there was no way out.

Not today.

I'm one of two people working full-time, and the other full-timer is off for the day. Plus, there's that Big Wig that I have to show around and I have needy ol' students and a full inbox to attend to blah blah blah grumble grumble.

I left work early yesterday to take a nap.

I've never done that before.

I'm glad I did. I'm feeling much better.

(Obviously. I mean, I'm Blogging and all, right?)

Anyway, I dragged my butt to work a whole TEN MINUTES EARLY. (Actually, I have done that before. Really, I have.)

And then I draaaaaaaagged through my email and other matters of minor importance.

And then, at 12:45, this little distraction showed up at my office door:



We had a lunch date.

He told me I should take this Olive seed home with me--so I could plant an olive tree.



I told him he should take my sunglasses--so I could have this picture:




I'm so glad for little distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment